Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WAX!

I was thinking about encaustics and all of a sudden i was reminded of Josh Simpson the glass artist. His big thing is layering and i love his glass work, it made me think if it was possible to do a similar type of thing with wax, thats would be soooooooo cool. It would be cloudier but it would still be layer and shiney. hmmmm.... i wonder. This is kins of my dream now, to see an encaustic that looks like his stuff. Not necessarily have me do it . I just wanna see it.
here's his stuff if you don't know who im talking about
Josh Simpson

1 comment:

  1. well, isn't the layering thing kinda the whole idea of encaustics? i mean i definitely think you could find wax work with a whole bunch of embedded patterns and such like his. his stuff is really cool by the way. but i don't know if the encaustic work would be shiny... idk.

    ReplyDelete