Monday, June 7, 2010

FINAL POST!



Don't wait until the last minute! That is probably the sole most inportant advise I can give. It is ok to be better at working under pressure and it helps you whip out an essay in max two hours the morning off the due date. But..... great and quality works of art are NOT created the night before - their are exceptions but even just thinknig ahead and planning it shows through - something you have worked hard on and not reushed to finish looks and feels so mcuh better in the end.


My favortie piece i created this year - although i really like ym houses for Haiti piece - was my Whisteling Season piece. I feel like technically this piece is one of my strongest, and although it is not very inoovative and different it has a voice. This was also my first ever encaustic piece - it took me FOREVER - but it was where i first realized to let go because now art kind of makes itself, before I concentrated so hard gettign every detail, trying to make it have a voice, and not having so much fun. However, this piece taught me how to flow through what i was doing and, it also thaugt me the techniqies of encaustic and how to love encaustic.


Oh gosh we did so much this year . . . I think I got the most out of the acctual showcase, just having my pieces up for show, having friends family, and strangers all appricate them, and even sellnig a few felt so good after all my work. Other activities i got a lot out of were the cow because it was a challenge and it gave em tons of hours!!!! as for everything else they were just really fun, liek the bbq. However I definitly would have liked a real retreat, i feel kind of like i missed out because i am not part of any other school groups so i have never had a school related retreat.


In ten years i see my self involoved with dance primarily, however this year i have realized that i do want to ocntinue to create art maybe not all the time but definitly continuing through my life. There is so mcuh dance can teach me about art and art can teach me about dance.




"Life can suck sometimes, but you can never suck at life" -Mark Dunlop






No comments:

Post a Comment