Friday, February 26, 2010

My Haiti Cards!


progression of the sunset: So I had a few of these cards because i really felt like doing another watercolor sunset just because i've been working with wax and i need something to reassure me that i could do something i like that looked nice. But..... the water color completely destroyed the card! So i was all disappointed and sad but then on... friday I decided , hey! why not try my hand at some oil pastels. I've used them before but only for drawing pumpkins and stuff. sooo i was nervous . !!!! but. I think they turned out pretty nice and i got a few good hours of , well hours. I really want to do one of these with wax just to see. maybe ill do a really mini one the next time i have a brain freeze. That is what i did this weekend.

Oh and i saw St. Mary's Academy's Thoroughly Modern Millie.... sooooo funny. lots of tapping! lots of laughs :) and kent was in it which was fun :)

3 comments:

  1. oh good god, those cards put mine to shame. :( Your stuff is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! those are super cool. i like them. that is really good that you got to experiment a little and do something fun because i know that after being stuck in one medium for your concentration it can get a little tiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, you shouldn't be nervous using oil pastels. :) these are great. i especially like the one on the right.

    ReplyDelete